First Milk Matters
First Milk Matters is a workshop that aims to provide professionals with the latest evidence about the importance of breastfeeding for families, as well as communities.
The overall objectives of the workshop are:
- Understand why breastfeeding is important for mothers, babies and communities.
- Understand how breastmilk is made and what can interfere with this.
- Learn how to support mothers that breastfeed.
- Know how breastmilk differs from formula.
- Increase your knowledge of the cultural issues relating to breastfeeding.
- Appreciate the possible barriers to breastfeeding.
- Learn where you can signpost mothers for breastfeeding support.
LEAP will be offering for the early years workforce an opportunity to get involved in a three hour breastfeeding workshop (CPD accredited) delivered in partnership with the Breastfeeing Network on the following dates:
- 21 November 2017
- 6 February 2018
- 15 May 2018
Don't miss out on the opportunity to get involved.
Please note refreshments will be provided.
For any queries please contact Maria Schmidt, Workforce and Learning Manager at LEAP (firstname.lastname@example.org).