The LEAP Community Awards scheme is intended to support the delivery of parent and community-led groups/activities through bids for financial donations, in partnership with Groundwork London.
What is the criteria for applying?
Funded groups/activities must:
- Be for families living in the LEAP wards with a child aged 0-3.
- Be led by a group of LEAP parents or members of the wider LEAP community.
- Contribute to improving the diet and nutrition, social and emotional development, or communication and language of young children.
- Include plans for sustainability beyond the funding period.
- Be free for all participants. Awards will be made at either £500, £1,000, or £2,000. In total, £15,000 will be available for each LEAP ward p.a. (£60,000 p.a. across the LEAP area).
How to apply
There are two stages to the application process.
- Applicants should complete a simple LEAP Community Awards application form. Before they are submitted, forms should be taken to local Early Years Forums for wider input and advice.
- Forms will be assessed by the LEAP Community Fund Panel, comprised of parents, LEAP core team staff, the delivery partner, local Voluntary and Community Sector organisations, and local children’s centres.